Use White Papers to Build Relationships…and Ultimately Win More Government Contracts
Hoffman Marketing Communications helps federal government contractors win more contracts and task orders. To do this, we use a proven business-to-government (B2G) content marketing approach that leverages the power of the white paper. White papers are the #1 form of B2G content marketing. They’re an excellent way to provide useful information to defined government audiences, thus building relationships.
Writing white papers has been Hoffman’s specialty since this form of content marketing first appeared in the 1990s. Hoffman writers have written hundreds of them for leading companies. Our white paper clients include Symantec, HP, Adobe, Unisys, NetApp, SAP, Epson, Verizon, and many others.
Hoffman’s B2G Content Marketing Process
- We write your custom white paper and you brand it. The white paper helps build your company’s reputation as an industry leader in your subject area. As a result, your company becomes more visible and makes a strong impression on government customers and prospects. In the process, prime contractors can proactively influence government acquisition decision making during pre-solicitation planning, including development of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs).
- You ask your government contacts to provide feedback on the paper. This engages you and the government in a two-way exchange. It also enhances your relationship with these government buyers and influencers. (Our thanks to David Lowe of isiFederal for this great idea.) At the same time, your government prospects receive a professionally-written, government-vetted paper they can distribute to federal colleagues. This can further expand your company’s federal visibility.
- We help you incorporate the government’s feedback. Returning the paper to your government contacts with their comments incorporated demonstrates your responsiveness to the government reviewer. This further enhances your relationship with the government decision maker.
- In this way, you’ve proactively influenced government buyers and positioned your company for greater success.
GSA Schedule Holders, GWAC Holders, and Subcontractors
If you’re a GSA Schedule holder, learn how you can use a white paper to differentiate your company from the thousands of other GSA schedule holders. This helps you gain task orders . If you’re a GWAC holder, learn how a white paper can help you gain task orders by differentiating your company from the other highly-qualified companies with GWACs. If you’re interested in negotiating a subcontracting position with a prime, learn how a white paper can help differentiate your company by demonstrating what makes you the subcontractor of choice.
- See three samples of our B2G white papers: Sample1, Sample2, Sample3
- Read “The Mother of All White Papers: Content Marketing to the Federal Government.” We give away all our secrets.
- Read our blog post on “Business-to-Government (B2G) White Papers: A Relationship-Building Tool.”
- Read our capability statement and view our PowerPoint.
The Next Step
To learn how you can better engage with your government customers, click here to schedule a no-obligation, no-cost consultation with Hoffman, or contact:
Principal, B2G Marketing
Hoffman Marketing Communications, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org 408-710-1717 (direct)
Connect with Hoffman on LinkedIn.
Win More Government Business
In addition to this custom white paper service, Hoffman also offers a service that can help position your company to win recompetes, bridge contracts, extensions, new contract awards, and GSA Schedule or GWAC task orders. We help you transform your routine written contract deliverables (e.g., monthly status reports, technical/engineering documents, contract closeout summaries, etc.) into deliverables that demonstrate your value. How well you communicate your value and expertise in writing impacts how well you position your company to win more government business. Learn how we help you communicate the exceptional value and benefits of your company and solutions/services.